Limited use applications: ablation catheters, laparoscopic surgical tools, surgical robotics, pulse oximetry, eye surgeries and others.
ODU has developed lower cost connector systems that provide the highest quality and reliability along with exceptional economy of scale for the higher volume disposable/limited use market. ODU designers minimize the number of components in the design of these connectors improving material costs and assembly time.
Technical challenge: To achieve a competitive lower cost product that can be discarded after limited use, while maintaining the quality and performance of the connector and staying compliant with the IEC 60601-1 specification. ODU achieves this as follows:
- Using the same materials used in our standard product only engineered to use less material by molding single piece designs for higher efficiency in manufacturing.
- Contact integrity is maintained by using precision formed contacts with gold plating rated to 25 mating cycles.
- Break away plug cable assemblies are terminated in house with high efficiency termination and over molded reducing cost and providing a value added service to the customer.
- Detent latching eliminates latching components and adds further to achieving cost targets for the limited use connector.
- Embedded electronics can be integrated into connector/cable assemblies to perform to customer requirements.
- Color coding is available as required
ODU MEDI-SNAP® Disposable System
A low cost competitive break away system which includes an over molded cable assembly. Up to 25 mating cycles and has a IP67 rating. The system IEC 60601-1 compliant.
- Break-Away locking option
- 25 mating cycles
- Mateable to all standard ODU MEDI-SNAP® receptacles and in-line receptacles size 1
- 2 to 8 positions
- Connector color: White or Gray
- Cable color: White
- Complete system: Connector, cable, cable assembly and overmolding
- Cable UL-Style 2464
- Flexible cable length available
- Operating temperatures:
- Dynamic: –10 °C to +80 °C
- Static: –30 °C to +80 °C
The ODU MEDI-SNAP® 34 pos. reverse gender receptacle
Designed for ablation and mapping catheters. This higher pin count connector is a single piece economic design using male pins in the receptacle housing to save cost. The connector is terminated and simply snapped into the catheter hand piece. This can be cycled up to 25 times and can be programmed with embedded electronics to stop at the cycle limit designated by the user. The reverse gender mates with the standard ODU MEDI-SNAP® plug with receptacle contacts and is IEC 60601-1 compliant.
TECHNICAL DATA DISPOSABLE RECEPTACLE
- Number of contacts: 34
- Contact type: Pins
- Contact diameter: 0.5 mm
- Termination diameter: 0.4 mm
- Termination type: PCB
- Operating temperature: -50 °C up to 120 °C
- Mating cycles: 25
- Insulator and housing material (one piece): PSU
ODU is an established manufacturer of highly reliable interconnects and has many technologies to offer along with an engineering design and applications team ready to strategize with our Medical customers. ODU has a broad breadth of products that comply with industry requirements and conform to the highest safety standards to protect patients and operators.